Multi-styled Text Generator at TextSpace.net
Thursday, March 3, 2011

Plath, Sylvia: Aquatic Nocturne

 dull lunar globes
of blubous jellyfish
glow milkgreen:
eels twirl
in wily spirals
on elusive tails:
adroir lobsters
amble darkly olive
on shrewd claws:
down where sound
comes blunt and wan
like the bronze tone
of a sunken gong.

Aquatic Nocturne, Sylvia Plath

 


 There's just something about the ocean that always moves me. I could just stand on the edge of the Atlantic and stare out at it for hours. In the summer, there's nothing I like more than being able to dip my toes into the surf.


This poem reminds me of a legend about the merpeople: those who are surrounded by the opulent, wild beauty beneath the waves every day - or perhaps, a historical background on the first explorers beneath the deep, separated from the creatures and beauty only by a pane of glass.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com